We’re getting ready for DEEP 2016! Be sure to mark your calendar:
Oct. 13-14, 2016
OCAD University, 100 McCaul St., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
This year’s theme is: Creating Global Ecosystems for Economic Inclusion: The Personal in the Global
During 2016 DEEP sessions, participants will explore the personal in the context of global platforms (e.g., airbnb, Shopify, Etsy, UBER and emerging public sector platforms). How do we make sure our unique needs are not lost in large connected systems? How do we protect our private data? How do we tap the diversity of skills and resources available to address gaps and innovate? Can we create a global platform to address accessibility and inclusive design?
Our discussions will focus on:
- “Democratizing” network design and development
- Personal agency and self-determination in learning
- “Jeeves the Butler” versus “The Apprentice” in user interface design: how do we design useful artificial intelligence assisted interfaces?
- Systemic approaches to inclusion
- Virtuous and vicious economic cycles
- Sharing, circular and flexible economies
- International collaboration
- Addressing disparity